As a user, I can filter tasks by their 'reserved_resources'
User migrating from Pulp 2 will create an instance of a Migration Plan in Pulp 3 by uploading the migration plan as JSON. Then the user is going to dispatch a task to execute the Migration Plan. All the progress from running the migration plan task is going to be recorded using Progress Reports for the Task. While the user is currently able to perform a GET on a specific Task to check progress, the user is unable to find a Task associated with a particular Migration Plan. This makes it difficult to know if a specific Migration Plan has been executed or not.
The ReservedResource object is ephemeral. As a result, the Task API does not include the reserved resources. A filter for tasks on 'reserved_resources' would require the following changes:
- Add a ReservedResourceRecord model that has the same fields as ReservedResource
- Create an instance of ReservedResourceRecord when creating ReservedResource
- Add a 'reserved_resources' field to the TaskSerializer that will get data from the ReservedResourceRecord table
- Extend the TaskFilter with a 'reserved_resources' filter
#3 Updated by daviddavis over 1 year ago
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
I would probably call it a TaskResource since it's not reserved once the task is finished. Also this could be used in the future to store other resources that the task acts upon but does not need to explicitly lock. But other than that I think this task is ready to be worked on. Setting to groomed.
Please register to edit this issue