Updated deprecation status is not included in sync
This was seen on testing with galaxy_ng: In 4.2.0 GA, updated deprecation status is not sync’d from cloud to on-prem hub
Steps to recreate:
- Ensure the
synctestrepo in ci.cloud.redhat.com has some collections deprecated, others not
- For the first time, sync the repo from cloud to on-prem hub
- Confirm deprecation status is as expected on each collection in on-prem hub
- Change deprecation status on one of the synced collections on cloud
- Sync again
- Observe that the collection on-prem does not have the deprecation status changed as expected
If the deprecation was the only thing that changed from the last version, the new version will be deleted, therefore the deprecation status won't get updated
The syncing in these examples: from where? Since we can only "set" deprecated on the local pulp system it would need to be a pulp-to-pulp sync, but I suspect these are from actual remote sources like galaxy.
I expected sync to occur on all sync types, mirror and otherwise.
I think the current bug comes in because since Pulp has already saved the content locally and the changing of deprecated state info occurs at save time it ends up not updated the changed deprecated state for content it already saved into that repo. Basically it's a re-sync bug due to the setting of deprecated data being set only on newly saved units here.
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Applied in changeset pulp_ansible|eae4deedcce89ee6c93752b0693cef21b51d2b46.
Please register to edit this issue