Repository Version creation api should provide an easy way to clear out all units when adding new units
When creating a new repository version, its very easy to add units or remove units, but if I want to specify some list of units I want the repository version to have, i must first clear out all the existing units which is very cumbersome.
Allow users to specify
remove_content_units. This will let users remove all content units from a repo version. They can also specify
add_content_units which will add back units to the empty repo version.
Note that we'll need to change the current logic to add units after removing units. We want to document these behaviors clearly in the docs too.
#5 Updated by email@example.com 8 months ago
Yes. However, I don't think that will happen always now. If A, B, C were in the previous version, they will not be present in the new version because we add first and then remove.
#6 Updated by daviddavis 8 months ago
- Checklist item Update code to accept ['*'] for remove_content_units added
- Checklist item Document that ['*'] is accepted for remove_content_units and will clear content from the repo version added
- Checklist item Reverse order of adding units to be after removing units added
- Checklist item Document for users that units are added to a repo version AFTER removing units added
- Checklist item Write a functional test or open a Test issue for QE added
- Description updated (diff)
Please register to edit this issue