Change naming of Pulp 3 services to differentiate them from Pulp 2 services
When Pulp 2 and Pulp 3 are ran on the same system differentiating the services is difficult which affects the ability to debug, restart the proper services and overall manage both applications during transition. Based on some pulp-dev email conversations one of two options should be taken:
#1: Rename Pulp 3 services to all new names to clearly differentiate
a) pulp-task-manager b) pulp-tasking-manager c) pulp-queue-manager d) pulp-arborist e) arborist f) pulp-task-runner g) pulp-task-worker h) pulp-async-worker i) pulp-tasking-worker j) pulp-seedling
#2: Rename Pulp 2 services to include version
-a) pulp2-resource-manager b) pulp2-worker-
As per this thread, it's decided to go with option 2 - rename pulp2 services.
As per this thread, it's decided to go with option 1 a rename pulp3 services to pulpcore-*
#1 Updated by ttereshc about 1 year ago
- Tracker changed from Issue to Task
- Subject changed from Change naming of Pulp 3 services or version name Pulp 2 services to differentiate themm to Change naming of Pulp 3 services or version name Pulp 2 services to differentiate them
- % Done set to 0
TBD on this thread https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2019-March/msg00085.html
Option 1 is under question at the moment As per this thread ^, no changes to Pulp3.
Option 2 is agreed to happen anyway
#2 Updated by ttereshc about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Change naming of Pulp 3 services or version name Pulp 2 services to differentiate them to Change naming of Pulp 2 services to differentiate them from Pulp 3 services
- Description updated (diff)
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
#31 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org 6 months ago
I made a big review comment, that affects every other PR:
#32 Updated by email@example.com 6 months ago
While we're renaming all the services, I request that one be renamed differently:
pulp-content-app -> pulpcore-content-app
pulp-content-app -> pulpcore-content
The reason is for brevity, and consistency:
1. The script on disk is "$PREFIX/bin/pulp-content"
2. The ansible role is "pulp-content"
3. The pulp/pulpcore container images, which only ever run pulp3 (not pulp2) in it and which uses command names as an interface with pulp-operator, use "pulp-content" as well.
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Applied in changeset ansible-pulp3|c69124afc88fa15f293866b94ccfed5e78941ff0.
Please register to edit this issue