Broken repo can be published if zchunk metadata is not ignored at sync time
In Fedora 30, Zchunk metadata is going to be present alongside with older compression formats.
Pulp should ignore and not sync this metadata, in order to avoid creating a potentially bad repo at publish time.
Scenario for a bad repo:
- create repo and sync from a remote repo with zchunk metadata
- make any content changes to a repo , e.g. remove/add packages
- published a repo
- zchunk metadata is published as-is without any modifications to it (even though content in a repo changed) -> clients which use zchunk metadata will get incorrect data about the content in a repo.
Repo with this new metadata type: http://mirror.vutbr.cz/fedora/development/rawhide/Everything/x86_64/os/
Updated by ttereshc over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Story to Issue
- Subject changed from As a user, zchunk metadata is supported to Broken repo can be published if zchunk metadata is not ignored at sync time
- Description updated (diff)
- Severity set to 2. Medium
- Triaged set to No