`pulpcore-worker` startup should remove old worker records
- Start a pulpcore-worker against an empty database
- Observe that the status API shows that worker
- kill -9 your worker
- Observe the status API after 30 seconds no longer shows your worker
- Start your pulpcore-worker again
- Go into shell_plus and observe this query shows 2 workers present:
In : Worker.objects.count() Out: 1
Have workers that startup run a query that delete any workers that haven't issued a heartbeat in say 7 days. This does not need to be configurable. The 7 day idea is to make something that won't let records accumulate on the long term, but leave them in place for someone to look at the db post-mortem and still see them for investigation.
Added by bmbouter about 2 years ago
Cleanup missing worker entries after seven days
Missing worker entries are now kept in the database for seven days before being cleaned up. This gives time for post-mortem analysis.
It also switches the cleanup of those records to be a bulk operation.