As an admin I have a way to delete repo versions from push repo so I can free some disk space
- There is no way to free some disc space because we do not allow repo versions removal from push repos. Deleting entire repo is not a viable option.
- There is no way to delete certain repo versions if there is no longer need to keep them.
(Note: Orphan clean up is still expected to be run in order to remove artifacts from the fs.)
- Enable DELETE on the push repo versions endpoint and allow removal of any versions except the latest one.
- might bring complexity in the logic. Add validation on the distribution update call to disallow repo_version update
- change in access policy
- After each push operation remove all repo versions except the latest one. As a result each push operation will always result into one version.
- this approach will close forever the door for us for adding 'rollback' capabilities for push repos
- this behaviour might be considered as unwanted/confusing. Other operations like tag/untag/manifest removal will still produce a new version and will not clean up previous ones ( behaviour discrepancy)
- Leave this to pulpcore which will introduce retain N repo-version option. For pulp container push repos by default there will retained only 1 version https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8368
Updated by ttereshc almost 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
I think I'm in favour of solution #1, to allow deleting repo versions and not removing all old ones automatically.
I'm not sure whether we need validation in distribution or not.
Historically, Pulp chose the path of providing a lot of flexibility and thus requiring users to understand more concepts and details if they want fine control.
Higher level tools/projects (Katello, Galaxy NG, our CLI) can make it simpler for user and remove only allowed/labelled versions or remove all old ones.
Updated by email@example.com over 1 year ago
I believe, this story would be solved by
and setting the default for push repos to retain 1 version.
POST/PUT is disabled for push repos. Some users might want to change the default which would not be possible