As a user, I can mirror collection content
Currently pulp_ansible calls out to Mazer to perform the sync of Collection content from the Galaxy V2 API. This was done initially to get something working, but it's inefficient since the Stages API could provide asyncio based downloading and Artifact creation.
Switch pulp_ansible sync to use the Stages API instead. This will require several calls to be made to implement the client side of the Collection downloading workflow.
The calls that will need to be made by the downloaders will need to probably call the V2 collection URLs pulp_ansible implements here: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/blob/master/pulp_ansible/app/urls.py#L24-L38 Also the
Sync collections with stages API
Sync all collections (a full mirror) from Galaxy. Removing whitelist from CollectionRemote, now you can sync collections utilizing just the url:
- All collections: url=https://galaxy.ansible.com/api/v2/collections/
- Specific collection: url=https://galaxy.ansible.com/api/v2/collections/testing/k8s_demo_collection/
- Filtering: url=https://galaxy.ansible.com/api/v2/collections/?namespace__name=testing
#4 Updated by bmbouter about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from As a user, Sync is faster by switching sync to use Stages API to As a user, I can mirror collection content
It's not really about performance as much as being able to mirror all collection content instead of what we have now which is whitelist only. Currently the user would have to name all content to download it all.
#7 Updated by Anonymous about 2 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset pulp_ansible|49bc50e0d13b19d6493efc6c7f16b92b6bfd825f.
Please register to edit this issue