Issue #4950: [epic] pulp3 on pulp2
pulp3 on pulp2: Rename Pulp2 static directory to not conflict with Pulp3
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
The only thing left in /var/lib/pulp/ that conflicts between pulp2 and pulp3 is /var/lib/pulp/static
At installation time, this causes an error when deploying pulp3 onto a pulp2 server because on pulp2 this directory is owned by apache, and pulp3 expects this to be owned by pulp_user.
To allow the long-term state of Pulp3 to make the most sense we've taken the approach in other areas to rename the Pulp2 once and advertise that breaking change loudly on pulp-list early.
Create a new migration that will rename /var/lib/pulp/static/ to /var/lib/pulp/pulp2static
@jsherrill is this a P1 also?
- Tags Katello-P2 added
- Tags deleted (
Going to mark as p2 for now, will re-evaulate our priorities soon
Adding back the Pulp2 label since this change occurs there.
- Description updated (diff)
adding the detail that we will use a migration.
- Platform Release set to 2.20.0
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Sprint set to Sprint 54
- Copied to Test #4933: Rename Pulp2 static directory to not conflict with Pulp3 added
- Subject changed from Rename Pulp2 static directory to not conflict with Pulp3 to pulp3 on pulp2: Rename Pulp2 static directory to not conflict with Pulp3
- Tracker changed from Issue to Task
- % Done set to 0
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - NOTABUG
After the fixing of permissions with https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4949 and https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4948 we believe both pulp2 and pulp3 will be happy sharing the static directory.
Pulp2 stores exactly 1 file in there, a symlink so we'll be able to delete that file later.
[vagrant@pulp2 ~]$ ls -la /var/lib/pulp/static/
drwxr-xr-x. 2 apache apache 25 Jun 11 19:26 .
drwxrwsr-t. 7 apache apache 121 Jun 11 19:32 ..
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 apache apache 25 Jun 11 19:26 rsa_pub.key -> /etc/pki/pulp/rsa_pub.key
- Sprint/Milestone set to 2.20.0
- Status changed from CLOSED - NOTABUG to 5
- Status changed from 5 to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
- Tags Katello added
- Tags deleted (
Also available in: Atom