As a user I have lifecycle docs in pulpcore workflows
Add documentation about use cases for base_version.
1 - User being able to roll back a certain repo version.
2 - Define the base_version for a new repo version.
#3 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org about 1 year ago
- Tracker changed from Issue to Story
- Subject changed from Document use cases to use repository base_version to As a user I have lifecycle docs in pulpcore workflows
- % Done set to 0
This will take the place of the Promotion stub. s/Promotion/Lifecycle/
This story will address 2 areas.
("workflows" might get renamed)
remind user to check plugin docs first
This section should *clearly indicate that the lifecycle workflow is the **common case, and is intended to supplement plugin documentation. Users should consult their plugin docs first to make sure this workflow applies to them.
explain the why
Lifecycling in Pulp uses the Distribution Object (Link to Distribution REST API) to host publications at a namespace controlled by the user. This is a powerful tool and is intended to allow flexible workflows. 2 examples:
- "promote" from dev->testing->prod for example.
- Rollback to previous publications
REST API autodocs¶
Improve the clarity of the help_text for each field on a distribution, try to use the language of the lifecycling workflow, and include a link.
Autodistribution should be covered in the help_text for publisher/repository. (was https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3392)
#8 Updated by email@example.com about 1 year ago
We have been discussing some changes in this area.
1) Associating distributions to repository versions https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4745
2) master/detail distributions (no issue yet)
If either of these changes goes forward, it will completely change what these docs need to be, so I propose we remove this one from the current sprint.
Please register to edit this issue