Project

Profile

Help

Issue #4516

yum makecache reporting Check uncompressed DB failed

Added by bjanssens almost 3 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Priority:
Normal
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
Due date:
Estimated time:
Severity:
2. Medium
Version:
Platform Release:
OS:
Triaged:
Yes
Groomed:
No
Sprint Candidate:
No
Tags:
Sprint:
Sprint 50
Quarter:

Description

Following the workflow described on the pulp_rpm docs page to sync from "http://vault.centos.org/7.4.1708/centosplus/x86_64/" and publish a repository results in yum trowing the following error when trying to build the cache ( yum makecache )

centos74: Check uncompressed DB failed

The yumrepo configuration looks like:

[centos74]
name=centos74
baseurl=http://localhost:8080/pulp/content/centos74/
gpgcheck=0

Attached are the 'object' created via the pulp api.

objects.txt (4 KB) objects.txt bjanssens, 03/07/2019 04:22 PM
db_compress_error_single_package.txt (12.9 KB) db_compress_error_single_package.txt bjanssens, 03/15/2019 01:04 PM

Associated revisions

Revision 74193717 View on GitHub
Added by ipanova@redhat.com over 2 years ago

Compress sqlite repodata files. Prepend file checksum to the filename.

closes #4516 closes #4030

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4516 https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4030

History

#1 Updated by dkliban@redhat.com almost 3 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

#2 Updated by bjanssens almost 3 years ago

Retried with the lastest versions, still getting the 'centos74: Check uncompressed DB failed' error.
This was a new database and node all together.

    "versions": [
        {
            "component": "pulpcore",
            "version": "3.0.0b21"
        },
        {
            "component": "pulpcore-plugin",
            "version": "0.1.0b20"
        },
        {
            "component": "pulp_rpm",
            "version": "3.0.0b1"
        }
    ]

#3 Updated by ttereshc almost 3 years ago

  • Triaged changed from No to Yes
  • Sprint set to Sprint 50

#4 Updated by bjanssens over 2 years ago

Seems that this issue has to do with all the publications by the rpm plugin.
I did try to setup a repository with one package in it, here I am also presented with the same error.

In attachment all the steps I took to test this again. The bootstrap, pcurlp and pcurlg scripts can be found here: https://github.com/bartjanssens92/pulp3/tree/master/files/bin.

#5 Updated by ipanova@redhat.com over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
  • Assignee set to ipanova@redhat.com

#6 Updated by ipanova@redhat.com over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST

#7 Updated by ipanova@redhat.com over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from POST to MODIFIED

#8 Updated by bjanssens over 2 years ago

Retested with the new code, the fix works, thnx!

#9 Updated by bmbouter over 2 years ago

  • Tags deleted (Pulp 3)

#10 Updated by ttereshc almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from MODIFIED to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF