We don't require url on remotes but when you try to sync an remote without a url, you get a 400 error. Why don't we just require the field on remotes?
- Tags Pulp 3, Pulp 3 MVP added
Importers can be for more than just syncing repositories. For instance, plugins might want to use an importer for a rich copy, but that importer may not need a feed_url.
- Project changed from Pulp to File Support
This could be solved by validating the presence of the field feed_url before triggering the sync.
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Subject changed from Consider requiring feed_url on importers to Consider requiring feed_url on file importers
- Project changed from File Support to Pulp
- Subject changed from Consider requiring feed_url on file importers to Require `url` on Remotes
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
maybe s/importers/remotes/ but still LGTM
- Description updated (diff)
- Tags Easy Fix added
Changed importers to remotes.
Please file issues for pulp_python and pulp_file to remove the validation at sync task creation time.
Wait, why was this converted back to a pulp issue from a pulp_file issue? This isn't something we're planning to do in core.
A pulp_python issue should still be filed but this should remain a pulp_file issue.
With the change from "importer" to "remote" we were thinking that a remote is nothing without a url.
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to daviddavis
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- Sprint/Milestone set to 3.0
- Tags deleted (
Pulp 3, Pulp 3 MVP)
Please register to edit this issue
Also available in: Atom