Move bugs from Bugzilla to Redmine AND communicate switch to community
The moving aspects¶
Follow the same process as in #90 except move bugs from this search  instead. Also, mark them as 'Issues' in Redmine since they are defects. Similar to #90, do not copy over 'blocks' field, that will be handled by a later Task #92. Update the Bugzilla state similarly as recommended in #90.
As a reminder: Determine if the issue is private in Bugzilla. If it is private in Bugzilla then the bug created in Redmine needs to also be private.
Similar to #90, the code should be kept playpen so that it is available to others. No API keys or passwords should be stored in this code.
The community aspects¶
There are several aspects to cut over the community besides moving bugs.
1. Pick a 'cutover' time.
2. Let the community know. mhrivnak and bmbouter thought 48 hours is enough notice to give the community. E-mail the Pulp mailing list indicating that the issue tracker is moving and what its new location is. Also indicating the new Redmine install is going to be used for stories, tasks, sprint planning, etc. would be good too. Publishing a blog post may also make sense. Have others review the notes before they are sent to get the messaging clear.
3. Work with the Front Line Support team (email@example.com) to disable the 'Open for new bugs' checkbox. This will prevent new bugs from being filed against the Pulp component. The Front Line Support team is available 24x5 so coordinating a time should be do-able. The product name we want to adjust is named 'Pulp'.
4. Push a docs fix onto the existing supported release streams updating our docs on how/where we file bugs AND stories. This should likely be pushed near the time of the cutover. It will be tricky to update these docs without merging forward the '2.X-release' branches into each other. We should avoid merging forward '2.X-release' branches.
5. Notify the community once the cutover is complete.
Adding logic for testing yum-metadata copy logic
This test case will take care of the following
- It creates a repo with a feed from rpm with yum metadata
- It copies the repo to second repo
- It deletes the metadata content from repo1
- And then finally verifies whether the metadata content in second repo is not affected
#10 Updated by bmbouter over 6 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to MODIFIED
- Assignee set to bmbouter
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
All bugs are migrated, and all bugzilla bugs closed with the appropriate info. The docs have been updated, and notes sent to the community. I'm leaving this at 90% waiting on the bugzilla team to switch the Pulp produce in bugzilla to not accept new bugs. That should happen at 9am on 3/2.
Please register to edit this issue