As a plugin maintainer, I can use automation script for beta releases
Each plugin can have different process when it comes to Redmine and Beta releases.
Currently, it's required to have a milestone and issues associated with it and the status in redmine is updated.
Additionally, if something goes south at the stage of updating redmine state, it fails inthe
publish_plugin_pypi script. It's confusing, because it doesn't seem to be connected to PyPI.
Here is the pulp-2to3-migration plugin process for Beta:
- changelog is generated
- redmine milestone is not created
- redmine status is not updated
- redmine changes will happen during the GA release.
Other plugins might want to have changes in redmine.
- Have a configuration flag to not make any redmine changes.
- Do not require milestone to be present and do not update anything in redmine if ^ is set to False
- Move the update of redmine into a separate step/job and not have it as a part of publishing to PyPI to avoid confusion.
Updated by Anonymous about 3 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset plugin_template|f9159a67732604614361ad9a6019ad46d31e45e6.