Users not setting CONTENT_ORIGIN receive an error message that is not the most helpful
CONTENT_ORIGIN setting is a required Pulp setting, and if unset Pulp refuses to start. This is by design.
In that situation the use receives a message that says
You must specify the CONTENT_ORIGIN setting. This comes from this line in the settings file: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/blob/master/pulpcore/app/settings.py#L233
This error message is technically correct, but it's not very helpful.
- Switch the exception type to be a Django
- Make the text longer. It should include:
- That the CONTENT_ORIGIN setting is required.
- That the Installer sets it automatically
- It could be a permissions problem.