Users not setting CONTENT_ORIGIN receive an error message that is not the most helpful
CONTENT_ORIGIN setting is a required Pulp setting, and if unset Pulp refuses to start. This is by design.
In that situation the use receives a message that says
You must specify the CONTENT_ORIGIN setting. This comes from this line in the settings file: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/blob/master/pulpcore/app/settings.py#L233
This error message is technically correct, but it's not very helpful.
- Switch the exception type to be a Django
- Make the text longer. It should include:
- That the CONTENT_ORIGIN setting is required.
- That the Installer sets it automatically
- It could be a permissions problem.
Updated by fao89 about 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Issue to Task
- % Done set to 0
- Sprint set to Sprint 73
Updated by lmjachky about 3 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to lmjachky
Updated by pulpbot about 3 years ago
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
Updated by rchan about 3 years ago
- Sprint changed from Sprint 73 to Sprint 74
Updated by rchan almost 3 years ago
- Sprint changed from Sprint 74 to Sprint 75
Added by Lubos Mjachky almost 3 years ago
Updated by Anonymous almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset pulpcore|d7163c32f4256aa2830d09b21961be14d2e3c336.
Updated by fao89 almost 3 years ago
- Sprint/Milestone set to 3.5.0
Updated by pulpbot almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from MODIFIED to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Provide a more descriptive error message