I want to be able to use the posgresql extension debversion
It is available as a package on Debian distributions, but it would need packaging for RPM based OSes.
A preview for how to use it can be seen in
#2 Updated by email@example.com 10 months ago
A few questions immediately come to mind given this is the first case of needing to package and carry a dependency for a type (that I am aware of):
- how it would be delivered via RPM
- for which OSes it has to be built
- who owns packaging that package for each OS
- OS support depending on these
- a potential pulp extras repository across multiple OSes to support deb plugin
I feel the question to ask is whether this extension to postgresql is required, or if there is another way to tackle it from a code perspective that allows more universal deployment of Pulp 3 with debian support.
In a pure container based environment, the packaging aspect may not matter (I am supposing you can somehow compile the extension during container builds). But I imagine in a PyPI installation scenario, its required.
After thinking about this I've reached two conclusions. Please let me know if these aren't accurate.
1) Without this pulp_deb is still usable, except it could only run on Debian systems where this package is already packaged and available.
2) Since Katello does not run on Debian, pulp_deb could not be used in Katello
Given pulp_deb for Pulp2 is already in Katello, I'm ok with the former, but not the latter.
Please register to edit this issue