Task search by invalid field should raise meaningful error
Reference and discussion: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/115#issuecomment-488880787
When we request:
We get the correct results of all update tasks.
But if we request an invalid field name:
Or an invalid value to a proper field like the escaped `+`
We get all results, the same result if I simply request /pulp/api/v3/tasks/ without params.
What I expected was to see an error like:
Invalid Field name
And for the second case to get `0` results.
- Related to Test #4230: Test task name and search for task based on their name added
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
IMO this is a valid issue, but since our filter functionality comes from Django Rest Framework, I'm not sure if this can be done cleanly. If there is a DRF configuration that we can add to fix this across the board,
Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes.You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years.
- Related to Issue #4857: Pulp 2 Nightly Regression in test_iso_crud.ISOUpdateTestCase.test_all added
- Status changed from NEW to POST
- Assignee set to fabricio.aguiar
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Please register to edit this issue
Also available in: Atom