Story #4687: As a user, I can use either Python or Ruby bindings to interact with Pulp
configure Travis to publish pulpcore-client to rubygems.org
Another stage needs to be added to the travis config. This stage needs to run only when building a tag. It should run after pulpcore has been published to PyPI. This stage needs to use pulp-swagger-codegen to build the pulpcore-client Ruby Gem and upload it to rubygems.org.
We will need to create a rubygems.org account and configure travis with credentials for publishing to there.
Problem: pulp not provisioned during gem publish step
Solution: install pulp in the install install script
This patch updates how Pulp is installed by Travis. It is now installed using ansible-pulp. The install step now happens as part of the install script.
This also adds MariaDB testing.
Problem: publish of client fails if version has not changed
Solution: check rubygems.org and pypi.org before publishing
This patch does multiple things:
- Corrects the version string used when publishing Ruby Gem
- Reduces the frequency of publishing of pulp_file-client to PyPI
- Adds a check for existence of package about to be built. If it exists, the script exits before trying to build the client package again.
Problem: publish to rubygems.org and pypi.org can fail
Solution: check if the version of the client already exists
This patch adds an additional step to each of the pulpcore-client publish scripts. This step checks if the version of the client that is about to be built already exists. If the client version exists, the script exits without trying to build the package again.
#8 Updated by email@example.com about 2 years ago
- Project changed from File Support to Pulp
- Subject changed from configure Travis to publish pulp_file-client to rubygems.org to configure Travis to publish pulpcore-client to rubygems.org
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register to edit this issue