Source installs should fail if a plugin requires a newer version of pulpcore-plugin or pulpcore than is checked out
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
This occurs when:
- A plugin is being installed
- pulpcore-plugin is being installed from source
- the plugin requires version X of pulpcore-plugin
- checked out pulpcore-plugin is older than X
When these factors are all true, pulpcore-plugin is installed from PyPI, which is surprising. If pulp_plugin_source_dir is set, and pulpcore-plugin is installed during the plugin installation, the installer should raise an error.
An alternate implementation could be to check the requirements of each plugin early in the installation. If they are not compatible, it could fail quickly.
- Tags Dev Environment, Pulp 3, Pulp 3 installer added
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Sprint set to Sprint 50
- Sprint changed from Sprint 50 to Sprint 51
- Sprint changed from Sprint 51 to Sprint 52
- Related to Issue #4793: Locking does not work as expected with Publications added
- Related to deleted (Issue #4793: Locking does not work as expected with Publications)
- Related to Issue #4794: Pulp handles incompatible plugins poorly added
- Sprint changed from Sprint 52 to Sprint 53
- Sprint changed from Sprint 53 to Sprint 54
- Sprint deleted (
This issue won't get moved forward to Sprint 55 because it impacts developers only and isn't a high enough priority given other stakeholder needs. Will consider later.
- Category set to Installer
- Tags deleted (
Pulp 3 installer)
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
The installer does not allow plugins to upgrade pulpcore and as a result it halts installation. The constraints file is used for this.
Please register to edit this issue
Also available in: Atom