/var/cache/pulp should not be required by pulp workers
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
In Pulp 2, /var/cache/pulp was used by workers to create symlinks before copying them to /var/lib/pulp. Since Pulp 3 is not going to be creating symlinks all the time, it's reasonable to believe that workers can use /var/lib/pulp/tmp as the root of their working directories.
We should switch the code that provides the working directory for a worker to return /var/lib/pulp/tmp/<workername>
The Artifact upload API already uses /var/lib/pulp/tmp as the temporary storage.
- Description updated (diff)
To avoid an artifact and worker name collision (which is unlikely), maybe the artifact path should go one level deeper to be
/var/lib/pulp/tmp/artifacts/. Just an idea.
- Subject changed from /var/cache/pulp shoudl not be required by pulp workers to /var/cache/pulp should not be required by pulp workers
- Sprint/Milestone set to 56
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Sprint/Milestone deleted (
- Sprint changed from Sprint 33 to Sprint 34
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to daviddavis
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- Sprint/Milestone set to 3.0.0
- Tags deleted (
Pulp 3, Pulp 3 MVP)
- Status changed from MODIFIED to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Also available in: Atom