DocumentTooLarge error during merge of errata pkglists
In certain cases new collections are added to the erratum pkglist with every sync, so at some point pkglist becomes so long that the BSON document size limit is reached.
Conditions to end up in this situation:
- an erratum synced with Pulp < 2.8.5
- upgrade to Pulp >= 2.8.5 (errata merge implemented)
- pkglist for the same erratum changed upstream before the first operational sync (after Pulp upgrade) was performed
- any operational sync at this point will add one more collection to erratum
It may sound like a rare case but according to BZ it is not, probably because pkglists were changed for errata in EPEL7 repo which a lot of users have in their Pulp.
For example, pkglist for erratum FEDORA-EPEL-2016-f057025262 was changed.
#10 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org over 4 years ago
I have tested your changes against several katello instances running pulp-server-2.9.3-1.el7.noarch
they all seem to be running fine - syncing and content view publish works as expected again.
for the record - I simply used the changes in your pr. I ran pulp-manage-db --test
to not mess up the mongodb for future migrations and deleted the migration after I was done.
Please register to edit this issue