Nightly testing pipeline
We currently build our packages every night. We produce packages from all of our branches. This task outlines the work that needs to be done to test the packages on nightly basis using pulp-smash.
Nightly jobs pipeline will consist of the following:
- Build packages using each -dev branch and master branch and publish to fedorapeople.org/pulp/pulp/testing/automation directory.
- For each version of Pulp built in previous: - Reserve a jenkins node running a vanilla image of EL6, EL7, Fedora 22, Fedora 23. - Enable the testing repositories and update all packages (or not use "testing" repos if there are known issues) - Install Pulp from fedorapeople.org nightly repositories - Deploy pulp-smash on a node running Fedora 23 image - Run pulp-smash aginst Pulp
Currently all of our Jenkins node types have a lot of dependencies already installed on them to facilitate testing with unit tests. To do the kind of integration testing described above we should add very plain Jenkins nodes to our infrastructure. We already have Jenkins jobs that can deploy pulp-smash on a Fedora 23 node and run it against any hostname provided.
#2 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org almost 5 years ago
That is correct ... that is what I meant by "Enable the testing repositories and update all packages" in the section above. The idea is to test packages that are coming down the pipeline and flag any that will cause a problem for Pulp.
I'll update the wording.
#4 Updated by email@example.com almost 5 years ago
- Checklist item Email eng-ops to get more RAM for our QEOS project added
- Checklist item Configure nodepool to provide vanilla Fedora and EL nodes added
- Checklist item Create jenkins jobs as yaml files in pulp_packaging added
- Checklist item Create ability to disable use of "testing" repositories added
- Description updated (diff)
Please register to edit this issue