Configure Jenkins to auto-test stable pulp against "current fedoras" using -testing fedora repo
Several times a released version of Pulp has broken on Fedora due to a dependency change that was incompatible with Pulp. This task is about having some automation let find that problem before our users do.
Fedora has three repos for each version: fedora (the base), -updates, and -testing. Packages are introduced into -testing and need to receive karma before they can be promoted to -updates. Sometimes a dependency (ie: python-qpid) will be published into -testing that is incompatible with Pulp. We want to have this automation fail and notify Pulp team members so that we can put negative karma on the package to prevent it from being promoted and breaking Pulp. Normally these incompatible packages don't get noticed because fresh installs default to fedora and -updates enabled and -testing disabled.
I think think should run nightly since packages can get promoted kind of quickly through -testing to -updates.
- Create a nightly Jenkins job that installs Pulp from the latest stable Y release branch via RPM and has the -testing branch enabled
- It needs to run the corresponding automation test suite for that Y release
- If the automation test suite fails it needs to e-mail pulp-internal or ping us on IRC or e-mail a subset of Pulp developers. It needs to notify people!
- This needs to run on both "current fedoras" because the package deps are different fedora-by-fedora
- We should have a way to manually kick of the build and set the repo it will pull from for the Pulp rpms and associated automation suite it will run.
- It should use the jenkins-job-builder template so that we could recreate this job if we ever need to rebuild our Jenkins elsewhere
#5 Updated by bmbouter over 2 years ago
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.
Please register to edit this issue