Author field in metadata.json not parsed
When a puppet module is uploaded into Pulp, the author of the module is not set to the "Author" as specified in metadata.json.
This is consistently reproducable
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a repo
2. Create module and ensure it has "Author" in metadata.json
3. Upload module to the repo
4. List the metadata for the module
Actual results: Module author is set to package name, not "Author"
Expected results: The author should be set based on the "Author" field in metadata.json.
#3 Updated by email@example.com about 5 years ago
After some discussion, here is the proposed plan:
0. Write a migration that updates each puppet unit by opening the archive representing it and copying the content of metadata.json into the unit record in the database.
1. Update behavior of the puppet importer to save the contents of metadata.json as part of the unit record in the database.
2. Update the API to return the new metadata blob when requesting `/pulp/api/v2/repositories/<repo_id>/search/units/` for a puppet repository.
3. Add flag to `pulp-admin puppet repo modules --repo-id repo1` to display metadata.json blob when displaying details of module.
4. Add documentation for this to the pulp_puppet docs.
5. Add a release note for this change.
Please register to edit this issue