Project

Profile

Help

Refactor #88

closed

Refactor #765: Convert Pulp to use MongoEngine

Convert the 'workers' collection to a mongoengine model

Added by mhrivnak almost 8 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
-
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Platform Release:
2.7.0
Groomed:
Yes
Sprint Candidate:
Yes
Tags:
Pulp 2
Sprint:
March 2015
Quarter:

Description

Deliverables:

  • Convert the model according to the conversion guide
  • Verify that the user facing listing in /status/ works the same as it did before the switch to mongoengine
Actions #1

Updated by rbarlow almost 8 years ago

  • Tracker changed from Task to Refactor
Actions #2

Updated by bmbouter almost 8 years ago

  • Tags Sprint Candidate added
Actions #3

Updated by bmbouter almost 8 years ago

  • Subject changed from Convert another database model to use mongoengine to Convert the 'worker' collection to a mongoengine model
Actions #4

Updated by bmbouter almost 8 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)
Actions #5

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Tags Groomed added
  • Tags deleted (Sprint Candidate)
Actions #6

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Tags Sprint Candidate added
Actions #7

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Assignee set to cduryee
Actions #8

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
Actions #9

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

Maybe these conversion notes would be helpful.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ConvertingModelsToMongoengine

Actions #10

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

bmbouter wrote:

Maybe these conversion notes would be helpful.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ConvertingModelsToMongoengine

It is helpful, thanks!

Actions #11

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)
Actions #12

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from ASSIGNED to NEW
  • Assignee deleted (cduryee)

Unassigning issue from myself for the moment. I will pick it back up once I'm done with a higher sev issue.

Actions #13

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Parent task set to #765
Actions #14

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Subject changed from Convert the 'worker' collection to a mongoengine model to Convert the 'workers' collection to a mongoengine model
Actions #15

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
  • Assignee set to cduryee
Actions #16

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST

oops, forgot to set to POST.

https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/1743

Added by cduryee over 7 years ago

Revision 384ace02

convert "workers" collection to mongoengine

This patch converts the workers collection to mongoengine. It also moves some functionality into tasks.py that previously lived in the worker manager.

One thing to note, it appears that the existing workers collection did not have a _ns field. Thus, I did not add this into the new collection.

This commit includes a fix to CriteriaQuerySet's update() method which was incorrectly firing the post_save() hook on TaskStatus objects, even when the Document was not a task status.

A spec file requirement for python-blinker was also added to support mongoengine signals. Additionally, a small unrelated flake8 fixup to test_users.py was added.

fixes #88

Added by cduryee over 7 years ago

Revision 384ace02

convert "workers" collection to mongoengine

This patch converts the workers collection to mongoengine. It also moves some functionality into tasks.py that previously lived in the worker manager.

One thing to note, it appears that the existing workers collection did not have a _ns field. Thus, I did not add this into the new collection.

This commit includes a fix to CriteriaQuerySet's update() method which was incorrectly firing the post_save() hook on TaskStatus objects, even when the Document was not a task status.

A spec file requirement for python-blinker was also added to support mongoengine signals. Additionally, a small unrelated flake8 fixup to test_users.py was added.

fixes #88

Actions #17

Updated by mhrivnak over 7 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone set to 14
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90
Actions #18

Updated by cduryee over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
  • % Done changed from 90 to 100
  • Platform Release set to master
Actions #20

Updated by rbarlow over 7 years ago

  • Platform Release changed from master to 2.7.0
Actions #21

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Groomed set to Yes
  • Tags deleted (Groomed)
Actions #22

Updated by bmbouter over 7 years ago

  • Sprint Candidate set to Yes
  • Tags deleted (Sprint Candidate)
Actions #23

Updated by dkliban@redhat.com over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from MODIFIED to 5
Actions #24

Updated by rbarlow almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from 5 to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Actions #25

Updated by bmbouter over 4 years ago

  • Sprint set to March 2015
Actions #26

Updated by bmbouter over 4 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone deleted (14)

Added by ragabala about 4 years ago

Revision f23f5ed2

Uploading RPM with large metadata and testing no exceptions raised

This commit verifies whether an rpm file constants.RPM_LARGE_METADATA can be uploaded into an rpm repo in pulp without any DocumentTooLarge error raised.

refer #723_ Closes #88

Actions #27

Updated by bmbouter over 3 years ago

  • Tags Pulp 2 added

Also available in: Atom PDF