Create a plugin to support syncing & publishing Maven artifacts
This content has been moved here: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Maven_Plugin
Create an initial framework for supporting syncing & publishing Maven artifacts from within Pulp. This issue is an ok place for planning and gathering comments and information, but that should be broken up into smaller stories if/when implemented.
- A plugin module for maven artifacts
- The plugin supports creating maven repositories
- As a user, I can provide a URL, and possibly some additional information about how to discover specific content, that Pulp will use to sync a remote repository.
- The plugin supports deleting maven repositories
- As a user syncing from a remote Pulp, I only need to provide a URL to sync. Additional information about how to discover content should not be necessary.
- The plugin supports uploading of maven modules to a repository
- The plugin DOES NOT support lazy loading or syncing content from maven central
- CLI support for creating maven repositories
- CLI support for deleting maven repositories
- CLI support for uploading a maven artifact
- CLI support for deleting a maven artifact
When Pulp does a sync, if that catalog is not present, we will need some other way for a user to specify what content to get. Should they provide a pom.xml file to the importer? Or perhaps csv/json that enumerates the content to get?
When Pulp does a publish, is it always safe for it to create an archetype-catalog.xml file? It is handy to have so that other Pulp deployments can sync from it and duplicate the exact same content.
Should Pulp support "snapshot" repositories?
The challenge is that the content with a given unique identifier that includes "-SNAPSHOT" can change from one sync to the next, and there's no way to know if it did. So it would need to be downloaded every time. We would also have to accept that if the content had been promoted into an additional repository, it could get updated in-place without another promote operation.
Is there a use case for upload? What does that look like? In what format would data get uploaded?
#6 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org over 2 years ago
Before this is broken into new stories, a new redmine project should be created for pulp_maven.
Here are some bootstrapping stories for python that might be a helpful story template:
#7 Updated by bmbouter about 2 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - NOTABUG
This content is moving into the wiki for further planning. The reasoning is that this tracker is for core planning and not plugin planning. It's new home is here: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Maven_Plugin
Please register to edit this issue