FilesystemExporter does not gracefully handle exporting multiple times
CLOSED - DUPLICATE
Ticket moved to GitHub: "pulp/pulpcore/1949":https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/1949
The move to GHA exposed this bug (not sure how it wasn't an issue in Travis but I was able to reproduce locally).
If there are pre-existing files in the location that FileSystem attempts to export to you get a FileExistsError. This is common in the case where you're exporting multiple times.
Some potential solutions:
- Check that the directory is empty before exporting. Maybe even refuse to export but have a --force flag that will remove files in this directory.
- Ignore file exists errors either silently or raise a warning.
Updated by daviddavis over 2 years ago
- Related to Task #7890: Unskip broken filesystem exporter test added
Updated by fao89 over 2 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Updated by email@example.com over 2 years ago
I would ignore file exists error. If with every export we expect an additive mode, it would be a waste to --force remove existing file so just in a later step place them back.
Updated by pulpbot about 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - DUPLICATE