Issue #6398: Completely rework the pulp_deb documentation
Fail to install from pulp-deb distribution using apt install
I started a setup on prem with the following packages:
pulp-deb (2.0.0b4) pulp-file (0.1.0) pulp-rpm (3.0.0) pulpcore (3.0.1)
running on CentOS 7
RPM plugin works well. For DEB i pretty much do the same things -
- create repository
- upload artifacts
- create content from the artifacts
- create publication and distribution.
All the steps above seem to work OK.
then i add the following configuration to the client:
cat > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lightos.list << EOF deb [trusted=yes] http://repo00/pulp/content/yogev/yogev/workspace_duros/deb/ default all EOF
i get the following response from running update:
Ign:1 http://repo00/pulp/content/yogev/yogev/workspace_duros/deb default InRelease Get:2 http://repo00/pulp/content/yogev/yogev/workspace_duros/deb default Release [1193 B] Ign:3 http://repo00/pulp/content/yogev/yogev/workspace_duros/deb default Release.gpg Hit:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease Get:5 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease [88.7 kB] Get:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease [88.7 kB] Get:7 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease [74.6 kB] Get:8 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports/universe amd64 Packages [4242 B] Fetched 257 kB in 1s (328 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 9 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them. W: Invalid 'Date' entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/repo00_pulp_content_yogev_yogev_workspace%5fduros_deb_dists_default_Release
I can see my files under http://repo00/pulp/content/yogev/yogev/workspace_duros/deb/pool/
I can see that the release file is pointing to these files.
but when i run:
apt install lightos-monitoring
i get the following error:
root@7a4bbdfe4f20:/wd# apt install lightos-monitoring Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package lightos-monitoring
After reading the pulp-deb docs I fail to see what I'm missing.
- i get a working about the Date not up to date - why? does it metter?
- i can't seem to control the codename and the distribution - there is no mentioning about these attributes in the help of pulp-deb.
- I see in the code that there is API for release_file but i don't see any docs or example on how to use it.
- I fail to install the packages even though I uploaded the deb files to the repo.
I think this is a bug that was fixed after releasing that beta. Maybe it's time for a new one. The actual package files appeared in the wrong directories.
The 'Date' problem is just a warning, we can still improve this. (Can you create a new ticket for this?)
The ReleaseFile content is meant only for synching to preserve the original upstream metadata.
Yes the documentation is pretty sparse.
- The "Date" issue should be resolved with #6869
- Reworking the docs to explain about the difference between simple and structured publishing is WIP, but will hopefully clear up the user confusion once done.
- As to why packages cannot be installed, I suppose we should retest this for uploaded packages (published with simple publish). If it works with the latest release, I vote we close this ticket.
#6 Updated by quba42 about 2 months ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - DUPLICATE
I am closing this issue since I believe the problems described are either fixed in newer versions of the plugin, or covered by other (more focused) issues.
If you feel there is still a specific point not addressed by the newest beta releases (or any other open issues), feel free to open a new issue for them.
Thanks again for the feedback, these issue reports are a big help!
Please register to edit this issue