Uploaded errata don't have the same attribute types as sync'd errata
I learned during the fixing of #1100848 that some of the attributes for an uploaded erratum don't have the same types as the synchronized versions. The only attribute I know this for sure about is "pushcount". For an uploaded erratum, pushcount will be an integer, but for a sync'd erratum it will be a string (of an integer).
We needed to fix  quickly so we went for making sure we only have strings to ElementTree. I believe the correct fix is to make sure we are consistent about the types that land in our database between synchronizing errata and uploading them. I personally believe that pushcount should be an int in the database, so for that case we should fix the synchronization code.
I set the severity to low because I cannot think of a use case that this would cause an issue for.
+ This bug was cloned from Bugzilla Bug #1101728 +
#2 Updated by bmbouter over 2 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - WONTFIX
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.
Please register to edit this issue