The AnsibleRole as a content unit is problematic
A couple example problems:
- Orphan cleanup will probably remove AnsibleRole records
- Users can add AnsibleRoles (instead of AnsibleRoleVersions) to a content view
Make AnsibleRole not extend Content.
#7 Updated by daviddavis over 2 years ago
Currently our endpoints for roles and role versions are:
If role is no longer Content, what should the new endpoints be?
#9 Updated by daviddavis over 2 years ago
When you install a role version with the ansible galaxy cli, it performs these steps:
1. First it gets the role pk from GET /api/v1/roles/ owner__username=... name=...
2. Then it queries a list of versions from /api/v1/roles/<role_pk>/versions/
3. It looks at these versions and downloads either the newest one or whichever one the user specified
Any thoughts on how to support this without a role pk?
#14 Updated by daviddavis over 2 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Applied in changeset pulp_ansible|ea5135e7aba4d539f0f8cd6b5ee4e9412666f5a4.
Please register to edit this issue