Project

Profile

Help

Issue #3532

closed

/api/v3/ and /content/ could collide with a Live API

Added by bmbouter over 4 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Priority:
Normal
Category:
-
Sprint/Milestone:
Start date:
Due date:
Estimated time:
Severity:
2. Medium
Version:
Platform Release:
OS:
Triaged:
Yes
Groomed:
Yes
Sprint Candidate:
No
Tags:
Sprint:
Sprint 36
Quarter:

Description

Problem

Live APIs can live anywhere and have hard-coded requirements. For example, pulp_ansible expects to server various urls also rooted at /api/v3/ because the Galaxy API works like that and it's also at version 3. I don't think any of the core provided urls formally collide with Galaxy urls.

The same problem can occur with the /content/ app.

Solution

Pulp could minimize these types of issues by rooting everything under /pulp/ so the API would move to /pulp/api/v3/ and content to /pulp/content/.


Related issues

Related to File Support - Issue #3547: Fix documentation to reflect pulpcore's new API rootsCLOSED - CURRENTRELEASEdalleyActions
Actions #1

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

Pulp 2 uses pulp/api/v2/, so my first instinct would be to use pulp/api/v3/.

There is another compelling reason to go that direction. Id bet that /content/ will be even more overloaded that api/v3/.

So we could move our content app to pulp/content/ and our api to pulp/api/v3/.

Actions #2

Updated by bmbouter over 4 years ago

  • Subject changed from /api/v3/ could collide with a Live API to /api/v3/ and /content/ could collide with a Live API
  • Description updated (diff)

@asmacdo, that would be much better overall. I've rewritten it to reflect this idea.

Actions #3

Updated by dalley over 4 years ago

  • Triaged changed from No to Yes
  • Sprint set to Sprint 35
Actions #4

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

I could not grep any occurrences of "api/v3" in the pulp/devel repository, so I did not file an issue.

Actions #5

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

  • Related to Issue #3547: Fix documentation to reflect pulpcore's new API roots added
Actions #6

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

  • Groomed changed from No to Yes
  • Tags Pulp 3 MVP added
Actions #7

Updated by rchan over 4 years ago

  • Sprint changed from Sprint 35 to Sprint 36
Actions #8

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from NEW to POST
  • Assignee set to amacdona@redhat.com
Actions #9

Updated by amacdona@redhat.com over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Actions #10

Updated by daviddavis over 3 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone set to 3.0.0
Actions #11

Updated by bmbouter over 3 years ago

  • Tags deleted (Pulp 3, Pulp 3 MVP)
Actions #12

Updated by bmbouter almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from MODIFIED to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE

Also available in: Atom PDF