Getting an error building docs with Sphinx 1.7
A new version of sphinx was released today and it fails to build our docs:
/home/vagrant/devel/pulp/pulpcore/pulpcore/app/serializers/base.py:docstring of pulpcore.app.serializers.base.ModelSerializer.create:5:Inline strong start-string without end-string.
This previously worked with Sphinx 1.6.7.
#1 Updated by daviddavis almost 3 years ago
Here are the lines causing the problems:
Escaping the asterisks in my local copy of this file with backslashes fixed the problem for me.
#3 Updated by daviddavis almost 3 years ago
One thing I found that fixes the problem is to add docstring to ModelSerializer.create. It looks like this prevents sphinx from looking up and parsing the docstring from DRF's ModelSerializer.create method (which has the offending problem). I don't think this is a good long-term solution though.
#4 Updated by bizhang almost 3 years ago
I opened a PR to upstream django-rest-framework, but it was rejected :(
I think the next best solution is to go with @daviddavis's proposal in https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3355#note-3
Please register to edit this issue