Document the plugin API semver strategy for 3.0
Docs need to be added to convey several points that are new with 3.0.
- Starting with Pulp 3.0 the plugin API which will be versioned differently from platform.
- The plugin API with 3.0 will be governed by semantic versioning
- With 3.0 it will be launched as 0.1 which allows us flexibility to make backwards incompatible changes until the plugin API reaches 1.0
- The docs need to state what the Plugin API is for a given version of Pulp. For example, in 3.0 docs they will state the plugin API is at version 0.1.
A release note on the plugin API should be added which links to the plugin API docs. These points ^ should be near the top of the Plugin API docs.
This assumes that #2179 is already done and adds docs to it specific for 3.0. These should land on 3.0 since they are unique to it.
- Blocked by Task #2179: Document what things are governed by semantic versioning in the 2.y line added
- Sprint Candidate changed from Yes to No
- Subject changed from Document that the plugin API semver strategy for 3.0 to Document the plugin API semver strategy for 3.0
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Blocked by deleted (Task #2179: Document what things are governed by semantic versioning in the 2.y line)
- Related to Task #2179: Document what things are governed by semantic versioning in the 2.y line added
- Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
- Sprint/Milestone set to 29
- Tags Documentation added
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 29 to 30
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 30 to 36
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 36 to 37
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 37 to 38
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to bizhang
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 38 to 39
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Sprint/Milestone deleted (
- Sprint/Milestone set to 3.0
Please register to edit this issue
Also available in: Atom