As a plugin writer, I can provide all of my settings with their defaults in one place.
Currently pulp_ansible has several settings. There isn't a consolidated way currently for dynaconf to overlay settings from the pulp_ansible codebase onto the settings file provided by pulpcore.app.settings
1. Document in the plugin writer's guide a convention that settings should live in
2. Then here you build the list of python paths to the settings file.
3. Then here you have dynaconf load those settings.
This needs to come with documentation for plugin writers and a release note in pulpcore-plugin, even though the changes will mostly occur in pulpcore.
Add load of plugin default settings.
- Includes default settings from
- This settings overrides the data existing in
- This settings are overridden by env vars prefixed with
- So a good practice for plugin writers is to prefix the default configs with plugin name such as
ANSIBLE_SOMEKEY = 'value' on settings.py can be overriden via
#1 Updated by rochacbruno 8 months ago
Dynaconf issue: https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/issues/207
#4 Updated by rochacbruno 7 months ago
Dynaconf 2.0.4 released adding support for this issue to be resolved: https://github.com/rochacbruno/dynaconf/releases/tag/2.0.4
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
Applied in changeset plugin_template|2120cd3bb4973cb430c1c35dbad5c031f05a20cd.
Please register to edit this issue