As a user, I can filter content during sync
Pulp 's rpm repo system always syncs the entire repository, but does not include any facilities to include only, or exclude packages by some form of patterns, or list of patterns.
Right now in Pulp 2 the only option to accomplish this is to make two repositories. One for the actual repository itself to feed from, and a second to copy patterns matching what's wanted to the new repo.
- Repository contain large sets of packages that are never used and only a small, specific set are actually desired.
- @erenfro wrote:
This is especially an important feature I would like to see in Pulp, especially with untrusted repos out there that may replace core packages. One such example of this would be the atomic repo. While this contains the main product people would want from it, OSSEC, it also includes a lot of other core replacing packages which is not good. I've used these repos with include=ossec-*, in yum.repo files, but pulp has no means to even do that in the pulp.conf it generates on the consumers.
- kfiresmith wrote:
+1 with the caveat that we would really appreciate having a blacklist option. In one real-world example I'm coping with right now, firefox.x86_64 is the in the main "OS" repo for RHEL, but firefox.i686 is in the "Optional" repo. If Optional's repo sync succeeds but OS's fails, all hosts pulling updates will uninstall firefox.x86_64, and install firefox.i686 pulling in a ton of i686 packages and breaking PulseAudio.
This seems to happen to us relatively often, bad luck I guess.
- The importer option to specify a list of patterns for packages which should be synced
- The importer option to specify a list of patterns for packages which should not be synced
- (?) Throw error in case package is matched by both options ^
- Document new option(s)
- Feature works for any download policy
- No dep solving support expected
This story is suggested for Pulp 3.
#1 Updated by bmbouter over 4 years ago
There is another feature request #206 for yum to include a whitelist feature. Currently #206 only would store a list and would not support a pattern or a list of patterns. Should #206 be updated to include a list of packages, but also a pattern and a list of patterns?
Since the include is already handled in #206, should we purpose this bug to focus only on the exclude features? If so we should rewrite it.
#2 Updated by ttereshc over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Issue to Story
- Subject changed from Pulp Yum Repo doesn't support include or exclude features to As a user, I can filter content during sync
- Description updated (diff)
- Category deleted (
- % Done set to 0
As discussed on triage, I re-wrote this story as a combination of initial request and #206.
Feel free to comment/suggest/modify anything.
#4 Updated by bmbouter over 2 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - WONTFIX
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.
Please register to edit this issue