Add a "Error Handling" section to the contributing guide and add info about Celery errors
The Contributing Guide part of the docs needs a new top-level section added to it called "Error Handling". Inside of that page a section on "Errors in Tasks" should also be added about how errors are handled while running a task. The basic things to get across are that:
- Uncaught exceptions are treated as fatal exceptions, the task is marked as failed, and the error representation is returned to the user as the task 'error'.
- Built-In Python exceptions  should be used whenever possible.
- Coded exceptions should be used for known error situations. These should link to
- Non fatal exceptions can be recorded with the
append_non_fatal_error()and it should link them to that part of the plugin API docs
- These non-fatal exceptions will be returned with the task details through the API.
#5 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org over 2 years ago
Feel free to write and update a draft here: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Developer_Notes
Please register to edit this issue