Make a testing environment for long-term testing of Pulp performance
This is an area to track the creation of a testbed for measuring Pulp performance over time.
#1 Updated by bmbouter about 1 year ago
- physical hardware because we cannot be sure of the CPU availability or I/O consistency in virtual environments
- A very stable benchmark that focuses on measuring Pulp's code performance.
- A long term look at various end-to-end metrics like sync a large repo, publish a large repo, incremental publish, etc.
- An environment with extremely low latency network I/O so we can focus on Pulp's code, not network performance. In other words everything is from localhost, even sync's via http or https. Those could come from a simple http service hosting this files via localhost.
- Fast I/O for minimizing the time Pulp code is waiting on disk I/O.
I had written a rough plan a year ago, and I posted that plan to the wiki here: https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Performance_Test_Plan
Feel free to edit ^ or put ideas directly in there or comment here. I have some more to edit, but that is what I've got for now.
Please register to edit this issue