Document platform Django app layout
The Pulp developer documentation needs to be updated for 3.0. This should include:These should go in the platform developer docs
- The location and organization of the pulp.app Django application
- How the settings.py file uses entry points to install a plugin's django app in INSTALLED_APPS
- How we use Django for discovery of models and migrations for the platform and all apps
- How each plugin is also a Django app
- How plugins should only import from pulp.plugins
A lot of details can be found in the thread this message0 starts.
#10 Updated by semyers over 2 years ago
I added a blocking relationship on #2454, since the file plugin is effectively the proof of these docs. It's likely that any changes made in the review of that issue will affect what gets written into these docs, so I think we need #2454 to be MODIFIED or better before we can adequately review docs changes related to this issue.
#14 Updated by semyers over 2 years ago
As mentioned in the PR, I ran into some issues with sphinx linking, particularly when sphinx is left to its own devices to create links, such as when generating a link to a given class's base class. I have some ideas about how to get sphinx playing along with the import strategy that we're using to organize things like models, serializers, and viewsets that are predicated on acceptance of my POSTed PR. I think it's possible to improve sphinx's crossref behavior a little bit to be smarter about the links it generates based on how our app is structure, and plan to capture those thoughts in a story if this goes MODIFIED in its current state.
Please register to edit this issue