creating an empty publication before syncing with mirror=true could cause clients to refuse to use metadata
Given the current workflow with katello:
- create a repository and a remote pointing to some upstream repo
- create a publication against version zero (timestamp in the repomd.xml file is CURRENT_TIME)
- distribute it
- configure a client to use the repo, yum repolist will show zero packages (as expected)
- Sync the repo with mirror=true
- distribute the newly created publication
- run yum repolist on the client
The client will refuse to pull down new metadata becuase the new metadata has an older timestamp than the original empty metadata.
A likely solution is to support specifying a repomd.xml timestamp when creating a publication.