As a user, a migration re-run is very fast, if there were no or very little changes in pulp 2
Users run the migration task multiple times upfront, so the switchover to Pulp 3 happens quickly, within few minutes. Switchover = stop pulp 2 services, run migration for the last time, start using pulp3.
Existing concerns and thoughts¶
- Following the same code path as normal migration when no changes have been made in pulp 2 takes a noticeable amount of time. We might need to introduce some shortcuts for the case when nothing has been changed in pulp 2.
- Same goes to the case when only very few changes have been made.
- If everything possible is done and no shortcuts are available we might need to look at the performance of the longest steps or rethink the approach.
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset pulp:pulp-2to3-migration|7c200b5f1ebdd61fddb77d7cf6ce9b1a9bda8d84.
Please register to edit this issue