Project

Profile

Help

Story #5731

Syncing creates RepositoryContent records even if no content was actually added

Added by daviddavis 28 days ago. Updated 28 days ago.

Status:
NEW
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Platform Release:
Blocks Release:
Backwards Incompatible:
No
Groomed:
No
Sprint Candidate:
No
Tags:
QA Contact:
Complexity:
Smash Test:
Verified:
No
Verification Required:
No
Sprint:

Description

Problem

The workflow we have for errata merge:

1. During sync, we create new errata records and associate them to a repo version via RepositoryContent
2. In finalize_new_version we merge errata in the new version
3. Then we remove original errata which may have been just added in step 1

The problem is that the RepositoryContent content in step 1 still gets created and therefore will exist. It's useless and misleading to users. We have to add an extra step in pulp_rpm to delete these records.

Solution

In pulpcore, after finalize_new_version gets called, add a step which deletes any of these RepositoryContent where version_added and version_removed both point to your new version.


Related issues

Related to Pulp - Issue #5707: base_version can cause content can show as being added and removed in the same version NEW Actions

History

#1 Updated by daviddavis 28 days ago

  • Description updated (diff)

#2 Updated by daviddavis 28 days ago

  • Subject changed from Syncing creates useless RepositoryContent records to Syncing creates RepositoryContent records even if no content was actually added
  • Description updated (diff)

#3 Updated by daviddavis 28 days ago

  • Tracker changed from Issue to Story
  • Sprint/Milestone deleted (3.0)
  • % Done set to 0

#4 Updated by gmbnomis 28 days ago

I think #5707 and this issue have the same root cause.

I think we have two conditions to fix:

- RepositoryContent where version_added and version_removed both point to your new version (the one mentioned above)
- RepositoryContent where version_removed and version_added both point to your new version. These need to be merged (e.g. 1-3 and 3- should become 1- )

As another implementation option, we could do the fixup directly when adding/removing content. Then, the add/remove quirks would not be visible to the finalizer.

Note that we also have the general problem that the finalizers currently operate on the wrong sets to begin with... (see #5706)

#5 Updated by daviddavis 28 days ago

  • Related to Issue #5707: base_version can cause content can show as being added and removed in the same version added

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF