Recursive copy doesn't take conflicts into account
Recursive copy doesn't take conflicts into account. This leads into broken repositories when only few units a time are being copied.
Imagine following hypothetical recursive copy scenario:
- foo requires webserver and conflicts with libnginx
- nginx provides webserver and libnginx
- httpd provides webserver while it doesn't provide libnginx
- the source repository contains both httpd and nginx rpms
- pulp not processing the conflicts attribute, a user copying foo to the empty repository might end up with nginx being pulled in
- dnf panics trying to install foo from the target repository
This might not have been reported sooner as the usual use case seems to be many units are being copied at a time.
Or perhaps nothing ever conflicts with libnginx ;)
#5 Updated by bmbouter over 2 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - WONTFIX
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.
Please register to edit this issue