Test Day on August 8 2017 » History » Sprint/Milestone 36
Test Day for 2.14 and pulp deb plugin¶
Join us on August 8, 2017 to test the 2.14 release and the new pulp_deb plugin!¶
- How to join
- How to contribute
- Who is available for help
- Prerequisites for test day
- Resources ( where to get RPMs, fedora images, etc)
- How to test
- Confirming existing issues
- Filing new issues
- How to report results
Can't make the date?¶
If you come to this page before or after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test, file any bugs you find here on https://pulp.plan.io, and report your results as detailed in "How to report results" section below.
How to join¶
Join the #pulp channel on freenode
You can join via your favorite IRC client, or either of the two web clients below:
Specify a nickname that you would like to go by, and keep it safe for work please!
Many people choose something close to their name, as in Elijah's nickname is "elijah_d".
== How to contribute ==¶
- Collaborate with a Pulp QE member to provide a guide for installing on an cloud instance [ ask in #pulp](http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23pulp&uio=d4)
- walk through a manual upgrade from an existing pulp install,
- installing manually both pulp and the pulp_debian plugin
- Install using ansible and moving on to confirming functionality of the project, that bugs that were fixed in the release are indeed fixed, or other exploratory testing.
== Who's available ==¶
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion.
- Elijah DeLee (email: firstname.lastname@example.org irc: elijah_d)
- Preethi Thomas (email: email@example.com irc: preethi)
- Kersom Oliveira (email: firstname.lastname@example.org irc: kersom)
- Jeremy Audet (email: email@example.com irc: Ichimonji10)
Specifically in the case of problem related to test day wiki, please reach out to Elijah DeLee at firstname.lastname@example.org or on irc (nick: elijah_d)
== Prerequisite for Test Day ==¶
- Fedora 24, 25, or 26, RHEL 7, CentOS 7 system ( bare metal or VM )
- Root access on the system
For a guide on some ways to spin up a VM on your machine. see Virtualization quickstart
== Resources (where to get RPMs, fedora images, etc) ==¶
The Pulp 2.14 beta repository is included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 24 & 25
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 7
You can also find the packages themselves here:
== How to test? ==¶
== Run the tests ==¶
If you'd like to run the integration test suite, pulp-smash or any individual tests, you can run them either locally on the pulp_server or remotely from any machine that can SSH into the pulp_server.
For docs on pulp-smash, see http://pulp-smash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ where you can find instructions on how to install and configure pulp-smash to run against your pulp install.
If you have trouble, email us or ping us on IRC and we can help you get it set up!
== Exploratory testing ==¶
You can help out by playing around with the tool in whatever ways you can think of: try out all the things you can find.
Get creative! Any problems you find please file a bug, or report to the IRC channel. See Filing new issues
Look for other quick start guides among the plugin documentation. Note that the main docs.pulpproject.org may direct you to docs for 2.13, check the URL to make sure you are looking at the right version.
As a user, you should be able to Create, Read, Update, and Delete repositories and the data within. Is this the case? Where do you run into trouble?
== Verifying existing issues ==¶
There are three different ways you can use existing issues.
1. Verify that user stories marked "closed" work¶
You can find closed "user stories" here
2. Verify that bugs fixed in the 2.14 release are indeed fixed!¶
3. Recreate outstanding bugs¶
Validate existence of outstanding bugs.
If the bug is replicable and seems suitable for for pulp-smash tests, file an issue on pulp-smash github issues
== Filing new issues ==¶
If you have problems with any of the tests, first search for a issue related to the same bug and add a comment on the issue at https://pulp.plan.io.
Otherwise, report the bug to https://pulp.plan.io in the appropriate project section.
For example, you can file a new bug or find an existing issue for the debian plugin under the Debain issues
Again, if you are having trouble finding where to file your issue or search for existing ones, join us on IRC to get help!
== How to report results ==¶
If you found a new bug, then you can file a new issue as described above. Also, refer to Issue filing template
If you verified that a fix is correct or that a bug still exists, then comment on the issue with details about your system including all information pertinent to filing a new bug: Issue filing template
For more thoughts on what make a good bug report, see here.