Demo Presenter Notes¶
Presentations are 5 min or less video of something accomplished that affects Pulp, a pulp Plugin, or the Pulp community. Presenters can be anyone from the community.
Deciding to present¶
There is a call for presenters sent to the email@example.com email address whenever a demo is being organized. It has instructions on how to signup which is putting your name, nick, and title onto an etherpad.
All presentations are pre-recorded
All videos must be under 5 minutes. The ideal demo length being about 3 - 4 minutes based on the Wistia report.
Recording a Video¶
Typically a tool like simplescreenrecorder or recordmydesktop is used to record both audio and video at the same time. OpenBroadcasterSoftware is also a good choice, but more heavyweight and fully featured than those two. Whatever you use, make sure that you:
1. Increase the font! Whatever you think is readable, make it a lot bigger.
2. Check your audio level. We can't fix audio that is recorded too soft or too loud when we playback the video.
Testing your Video¶
All video playback happens in Firefox. Ensure that a normal Firefox browser can natively play your video.
Sending your video:¶
1. Come up with a title that is 50 chars or less.
2. Come up with a description. It can be one or more paragraphs.
3. Send the recorded video as an attachment, the title, and the description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can send a link to download the video file from. By submitting a video you are acknowledging you are the copyright owner of that video content and you agree to grant Pulp the right to broadcast and playback that content.