Project

Profile

Help

Task #4282

Rename 'artifact' to '_artifact'

Added by CodeHeeler 11 months ago. Updated 7 months ago.

Status:
CLOSED - DUPLICATE
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Platform Release:
Blocks Release:
Backwards Incompatible:
No
Groomed:
Yes
Sprint Candidate:
Yes
Tags:
Easy Fix
QA Contact:
Complexity:
Smash Test:
Verified:
No
Verification Required:
No
Target Release - File:
Sprint:
Sprint 48

Description

In light of the 4206 refactor [0] to change some Content fields to begin with a '_', of particular note the now '_artifacts' field, it would be clearer to update 'artifact' to '_artifact' to eliminate potential confusion.

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4206


Related issues

Duplicated by Pulp - Story #4366: As a plugin writer, I have special purpose Content Serializers for content types that have 0, 1, or many artifacts per content MODIFIED Actions

History

#1 Updated by CodeHeeler 11 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Issue to Task
  • % Done set to 0

#2 Updated by daviddavis 11 months ago

  • Tags Pulp 3 RC Blocker added

#3 Updated by dalley 11 months ago

To some extent this is a discussion issue to determine if we should do this.

#4 Updated by gmbnomis 11 months ago

From: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4206:

Motivations
1. Avoiding attribute naming collisions when content writer's subclass Content.

2. Allow users to easily see which attributes are from pulpcore and therefore common to all content types.

Additionally, we decided in https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3678 to not include artifact as a common pattern in Pulp core.

Thus, artifact is a convention right now. As it is not a convention enforced or suggested by the Pulp core API, I would leave it as it is.

That being said, I wouldn't mind _artifact too much, either.

#5 Updated by dkliban@redhat.com 11 months ago

  • Groomed changed from No to Yes
  • Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
  • Sprint set to Sprint 47

#6 Updated by daviddavis 10 months ago

  • Tags Easy Fix added

#7 Updated by ppicka 10 months ago

  • Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
  • Assignee set to ppicka

#8 Updated by rchan 10 months ago

  • Sprint changed from Sprint 47 to Sprint 48

#9 Updated by dalley 10 months ago

  • Status changed from ASSIGNED to CLOSED - DUPLICATE

After discussing this with Brian, Jeff, and David, we decided to fix this more permanently in a different way, by moving the functionality into pulpcore.

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4366

I'm really sorry Pavel! I copied over some of your changes to my own PR. It sucks that the work ended up overlapping.

#10 Updated by dalley 10 months ago

  • Duplicated by Story #4366: As a plugin writer, I have special purpose Content Serializers for content types that have 0, 1, or many artifacts per content added

#11 Updated by bmbouter 7 months ago

  • Tags deleted (Pulp 3, Pulp 3 RC Blocker)

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF