As a user, I can get module(s) info by specifying a modular RPM
- No easy way to search/check if module belongs to a specific module or to any module at all => that would help tooling for identifying modular RPMs without a module
- No easy way to get list of RPMs which belong to a specific module
- No lookup of a module by RPM, no way to prevent user from deleting modular RPM and break a module.
- Katello asks for API which returns references module -> rpms [#3982]
Create a separate collection which maps a module to an RPM.
Records can be created/removed in the post-save/delete hooks.
Sync: create/update mapping during sync
Upload: check if an RPM is modular and if it is, require to provide module NSCVA
Copy: no changes
Publish: no changes
Removal of a modulemd content unit from Pulp: remove mapping
Unassociation of RPM: if RPM is modular and module is still in a repo => reject/complain
API for Katello: up for discussion, but it's easier to provide it when we have that mapping
Migration: process existing modules and rpms and create the mapping collection
Updated by bmbouter over 3 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - WONTFIX
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.