Export ISO file retention Limitation.
Today I have created pulp server in DMZ subnet and from our master server tried to export as an ISO file. So that from disconnected server I can recreate whenever I need to replicate. However the problem is pulp is always keep n version. Second time if we execute export command the current exported ISO file and directory getting deleted before the new ISO file creation. Is there any way to put retention files (I mean number files) on my own?
Because in this case in the design document we must include the instructions/practice that system admins who is taking ISO export they should first copy the existing file to the common secure share and then only he should execute the export command.
My pulp version is
[root@server1]# rpm -q pulp-server
I understand that this export to different directory can be achieved through --export-dir tag.However i just tested the same command and added with --export-dir option.
Now i have 2 issues
1. I have created directory under / called test.I have changed the ownership to apache:apache. Then i have executed the export command with --export-dir pointing to this directory.I have received permission denied error.Is there any limitation in pulp that ,pulp will understand only inside /var/lib/pulp directory ?
2. However now i have created the directory called export inside /var/lib/pulp/ and changed the ownership to apache:apache. Now if i run export command pointing to this directory,only rpm's are getting downloaded instead of single ISO file.
Now i am looking for some solutions for the below scenarios in the future releases...
1. Through --export-dir option if we give external directory it should be allowed in pulp for creating ISO file.
2. If i give /var/lip/pulp/export directory in --export-dir tag,why instead ISO single file rpm's are getting downloaded.
3. Also if the customer wants to retain n number of iso exported files under /var/lib/pulp/published/yum/master/export_distributor/ directory itself then there should be command option
Here i have attached the log file.
Please register to edit this issue