Make User, Importer, Publisher, and Distribution URIs immutable
CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Users, Importers, Publishers, and Distributions use a name in the resource URI. The user is allowed to modify the name of each of the resources. When such a change occurs, any client that is storing the original URI will receive a 404 when trying to access it.
Users, Importers, Publishers, and Distributions should use their primary key, a UUID, as an identifier in the URI.
- Tracker changed from Story to Issue
- Severity set to 2. Medium
- Triaged set to No
This is a valid issue, but we should decide how we want to proceed before accepting this one.
- Tracker changed from Issue to Task
- % Done set to 0
- Subject changed from Importer and Publisher URIs are mutable to Make User, Importer, Publisher, and Distribution URIs immutable
- Description updated (diff)
- Blocks Story #3142: As an authenticated user, I can filter users. added
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Sprint Candidate changed from No to Yes
It sounds like on the mailing list, most people wanted to proceed with using IDs in URLs. We should work on this in the very near future though as other issues/design are waiting on this.
- Sprint/Milestone set to 48
- Status changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
- Assignee set to daviddavis
- Status changed from ASSIGNED to POST
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Sprint/Milestone deleted (
- Sprint/Milestone set to 3.0.0
- Tags deleted (
Pulp 3, Pulp 3 MVP)
- Status changed from MODIFIED to CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE
Please register to edit this issue
Also available in: Atom