Catalog entries for existing content units with old-style storage path get created with new-style storage path.
Catalog entries for existing content units with old-style storage path get created with new-style storage path. The code creating the catalog entry blindly calls set_storage_path() on the unit to ensure that the path is set. For RPMs and ISOs that already exist and are fetched from the DB, this overwrites the _storage_path of the unit (in memory) just before inserting the catalog entry.
This only affects installation that do not run the storage-path migration introduced in 2.8.
#1 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org almost 5 years ago
1. Create and sync a repo with download-policy=on_demand.
2. Sync the repo.
3. Using mongo shell, query for the catalog entry and make a note of the path.
4. Using mongo shell, update the unit for one of the units and set the _storage_path=<something else>
5. Run the sync w/ --force_full
6. Using mongo shell, query for the catalog entry and note, it still has the same path but should not because the unit was updated.
Repeat 1-6 but note the path in the catalog entry matches the change in the unit.