Update the build docs to reflect plugin specific changes needed in Redmine
The plugins are now versioned in two ways:
- they have the same version as platform (pulp_rpm, pulp_puppet)
- they have their own version (pulp_python, pulp_docker, pulp_ostree)
There is a "Platform Release" field which is available for all the plugin projects.
For those plugins which has their own version there is also "Target Release - <plugin>" field.
And this "Target Release - <plugin>" field is sometimes not set on the issue/story or even not added to the redmine at all.
So the suggestion is to add to the build docs:
- set on the issue not only "Platform Release" but also "Target Release-<plugin>" if available
- after release add the next version to the list of available options for "Target Release - <plugin>" field
This will ensure that in release notes we will be able to link to all the bugs fixed in particular plugin release.
A bit confusing is the word Target - we are blocking with this field or just specifying a released version?
Updated by bmbouter about 3 years ago
- Sprint Candidate set to No
Pulp 2 is approaching maintenance mode, and this Pulp 2 ticket is not being actively worked on. As such, it is being closed as WONTFIX. Pulp 2 is still accepting contributions though, so if you want to contribute a fix for this ticket, please reopen or comment on it. If you don't have permissions to reopen this ticket, or you want to discuss an issue, please reach out via the developer mailing list.